WDCO follows the following strategy in implementation of its programmes and projects.
WDCO while implementing its programme/projects as a first step undertakes community mobilization so that to raise awareness in community on health and hygiene, importance of education in modern day affairs, gender related issues, socio-economic development and environmental protection. For this purpose WDCO management holds meetings with the community members, conducts training/capacity building sessions and also launched campaigns.
For achieving better results in the field of social/rural/community development, WDCO also believe in advocacy and therefore, the management has always strongly advocated for the issues related to WDCO. For achieving this objective, WDCO through its strong advocacy as approached the line departments of Government of Baluchistan, NGOs, CBOs, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), members of the community, notables and WDCO has always promoted the right based approach and supported the dialogue as an important tool for achieving the above mentioned objectives.
WDCO is staunch believer in a very strong and efficient service delivery in the fields of health, education and environment. For this purpose, WDCO management has always delivered services in the communities in a transparent manner taking care of quantity and quality. It is only because of this very reason that the WDCO interventions have always helped in meeting the community needs and achieving the desired objectives.
WDCO has always promoted the networking with other NGOs, CBOs, CSOs, media groups and concerned stakeholders for achieving the goal of sustainable development. Networking with other organizations has always proved very productive by playing as medium between the service providers and those at the receiving end. Networking basically provides opportunity for looking at the issues from different angles i.e. from local, national and finally at regional level. At every level the perspective of issue changes, which then helps in comprehending the issue.
WDCO basically works mainly for the poorest of the poor in the rural areas of the province. Its target groups include the men, women and children in the rural communities of the province who are still living in miserable conditions and deprived of very basic necessities of life. Besides, WDCO also focuses upon the urban populace living in slums and other such area. For achieving its goal and objective, WDCO target groups also include health workers, paramedics and other staff related to health issues, teachers, students, environmentalists and stakeholders in the field of health, education and environment.
Reproductive Health and HIV Prevention
- This thematic area entails following important features for development:
- Establishment of community health centers at remote areas where people don’t have access to the health facilities.
- Develop awareness campaigns for HIV prevention, reproductive health; life skills based education and sexual rights.
- Develop immunization programs for venereal diseases and epidemics.
- Organizing events for public health along with government.
- Under this theme WDCO focuses on holistic development of children its protection and rights, following interventions are planned over the time:
- Child rights education and protection awareness at different levels and different stakeholders.
- Development of safe learning places for children at schools, hospitals, and community centers.
- Children confidence building programs, walks, sessions, campaigns, and trainings.
- Development of children groups and developing leadership skills in them.
Women Empowerment aims at promotion women to take lead role in democratic norms and culture in the operational area. Two types of activities are undertaken in this theme: one aim at building capacities of women and communities and their groups to engage effectively with government and other stakeholders for getting their constitutional and legal social, economic and political rights, the other aims at working directly with state institutions for creating an environment that can guarantee the rights of women citizens. It also focuses on enhancing women income generation skills through capacity building and micro credit. Under this program following sub activities are also conducted:
Formation of local women groups and their capacity building
Women Development & Community Organiztion(WDCO)
House # 39-A Chaman Housing Scheme Air Port Road Quetta Pakistan
Phone: +92 81-2864072